Ok, I’ll admit it. I’m obsessed with stripes. I just can’t help myself.
Well, actually- you would be proud of me, I did buy a new dress today and while I contemplated buying the striped version I ended up buying the solid instead… but that’s another day, another post.
Today I’m actually showing what I wore last night to our elementary school play- which both of my kids performed in!
I’m very proud of them- and impressed with the entire cast. What a fun night!
On the right I’m showing this striped top with my old white pants- I actually think it looks pretty cute- but the pant length is a little too long and the boot leg cut is a little dated.
On the left I have my J Crew pencil jeans, which look better (and more ‘springy’). The slimmer cut and cropped leg make for a more current look.
This striped top is one of my new spring purchases.
Here’s what I like about it:
1. I like the way the waist is defined by a drawstring.
2. I love the chevron stripes. These angled stripes are slimming since they draw the eye up and down (creating a vertical line). To take this even one step further- the long necklace also creates a vertical line.
3. The V neckline is flattering for most figures.
4. The sleeves are a cute length- and also flattering if you don’t like showing your upper arms.
5. I like the long length of this top- (no muffin top).
To finish my outfit off, I have on these cute patent leather ballet flats. I love the toes on these, they are squared off and remind me of real ballet shoes. So cute!
If you have a minute, please jump over to Facebook and ‘like ‘ me! My goal is to get to 150 likes, and I have a long way to go…
Also, please vote for me for Top Mommy Blogs! (I’ve slipped to #10)
Thank you so much and have a great day. Happy Friday!! (Linking up with Girlymama for Fashion Friday)
Pants: J Crew, Shoes: Nordstrom, Shirt: Marshalls, Necklace: Gift