I have a meeting tonight for my National Charity League board , so I want to look polished and professional. Since this really isn’t a formal group, I could probably wear work out clothes and be just fine, but sometimes I like to have an excuse to get dressed.
I’m wearing jeans, a grey top and a cardigan, but my before look is FRUMPY! The jeans are boring, the loafers look like house slippers, and the giant cardigan looks like a bathrobe. It looks like I just rolled out of bed and ran outside to grab the newspaper (which I still get delivered daily!)
So.. to polish this look I will make the following changes:
- Dark wash skinny jeans that are slightly cropped
- A faux silk top in a rich grey color is an improvement over the cotton t shirt
- This sleek duster cardigan looks much dressier than the wool one on the left
- The snakeskin slingback shoes are the final touch. They are elegant and pull the entire outfit together.
- Looking at the photos now I’m thinking I should add a necklace as well…
Top- Nordstrom Rack
Shoes- Nordstrom Rack